ASD Guidelines & Procedures
7 Things to Know Before Writing a Grant
- According to board policy, you need to have principal approval BEFORE you submit a grant.
- Your grant should align with Alpine’s Vision for Learning.
- If you are requesting apps or software, check to see what information is required for student use. Any app or software that requires personally identifiable information beyond student first name, last name, and email is in violation of Student Data Privacy and will require principal and district approval.
- If you are requesting technology that connects to the network, be sure that you are requesting items from the approved hardware list. All exceptions must be approved by the technology department.
- There is a technology approval form for any grant involving technology and apps that must be submitted and approved BEFORE your grant application can be submitted. After you have submitted the form, wait for approval from the technology department. Make necessary changes if requested. An explanation of the purpose of the form can be found here.
- Following the proper procedures will ensure that you receive technology that works and supports student learning.
- Since you are using your position as a teacher for Alpine School District to generate funds, any equipment or applications purchased with grant funds are property of Alpine School District and will remain in the district should you choose to leave. Unless otherwise specified by the grant, technology or licensing will stay in the school with the team you were on when you received the grant.
Grant Writing Tips
Grants & Resources