Alpine School District offers contracted employees a choice between five medical plans available through EMI Health. Three tiers are available: employee only, two-party or family coverage (3 or more). Our district sponsored Care Plus-Plan 4 is free for full-time contracted certified employees for single, couple and family coverage!
Traditional Plans – Care Plus Plans 1 – 4 offer varying deductibles and coinsurance maximums. Employees are responsible for a buy-up premium on plans 1-3. These plans are not HSA qualified.
Care Plus Plan 5 – With this high-deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) the district makes a monthly contribution.
EMI Health is predominantly a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and uses the Intermountain Healthcare (IHC) providers and facilities. A Cigna PPO network is available nationwide. For more information about the out-of-state network contact EMI.
Plan rates and co-pays or allowances depend on which plan options you choose and your percentage of contract or FTE (full-time equivalency).
- Please visit the Insurance Cost page for plan rates.
- Please visit the Plan Comparison Sheet or the Insurance Plan Summary Sheets below for more information on each plan.
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts are a good way to save tax dollars and prepare for medical and dependent care expenses. The money you contribute to the plans is pre-tax dollars which can help you lower your taxable income and allow you to be reimbursed for eligible medical expenses. In addition, the money that is contributed to an HSA rolls over from year to year allowing you to potentially save for medical expenses after retirement.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health, Limited or Dependent Care
- Can be used with Medical Plans 1 – 4
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Linked with EMI Health’s Care Plus Plan 5 High Deductible Health Plan.
For additional questions please contact AxisPlus Benefits:
- Toll-Free (877) 872-2125
- [email protected]
As an enrolled member in any EMI Health plan, employees have the added benefit of Wellness Benefits.
Some of the benefits offered are:
- Onsite Bio Screenings – Available at the Health Benefit Fairs in August and at other locations by appointment.
- Immunization/Flu Shot Clinics – Available at various locations during the flu season.
- TeleMedicine – 24/7 365 Days Access to a Doctor by phone with no consultation fee 1-877-872-0370 (not available with the Medicare Supplement plan).
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Long-Term Disability (LTD) is a safety net designed to replace your income should you become disabled and are unable to work. This benefit is paid in full by your employer for full-time employees.
- If you have questions about your current LTD claim, please contact CIGNA Insurance at 800 362-0533.
- To start an LTD claim, please contact EMI Health’s LTD department at 800-662-5851.
- LTD Full-Time 120 Days (Tier 1)
- LTD Part-Time 120 Days (Tier 1)
- LTD Full-Time 180 Days (Tier 2)
- LTD Part-Time 180 Days (Tier 2)