You may be wondering who to contact when it comes to questions related to employment, benefits and other general inquiries. Here is a helpful contact list:
Benefit Resources for New District Employees
Welcome to Alpine School District!
To help you find out more about your benefits you may access the Alpine School District – Employer Benefits and Alpine School District – Voluntary Benefits booklets. If at any point you have questions you may contact the Human Resource Department by calling (801) 610-8467 or by coming into the District Office Room 250.
- Traditional/HSA Medical Plan Enrollment – within 31 days of hire or eligibility date
- Dental Plan Enrollment – within 31 days of hire or eligibility date
- Voluntary Benefit Enrollment – 31 days of hire or eligibility date
- Retirement Enrollment – Automatically enrolled in Hybrid Plan but have one year to finalize decision (Tier II Employees only)
- Teachers Required Documents by the 40th Contract Day
Training for New Employees
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
In accordance with Utah Code UCA 53A-13-112, Alpine School District must provide training and instruction on Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and Awareness to school personnel in elementary and secondary schools, AND to parents or guardians of elementary school students.
Who must be trained at the school?
All new and existing personnel (ages 18+) in elementary and secondary schools must be trained and certified. Principals should verify employee completion of training via a copy of the completion certificate presented by the employee. Both parties should keep a copy of the certificate. The certificate expires after two years. The school must maintain a record of completed certification, expirations, and when re-certification is due.
The School Completion Report is Due to Student Services by January 31, 2020. The school administrator must send a copy of the personnel roster indicating completion of the training to Student Services, [email protected] no later than this date. An Excel Template is preferred.
Who should be provided the training link in the Elementary School Community?
Elementary School Principals must provide a message to the parent/guardian that includes the training link for parents to access the child abuse training. Parent participation is optional.
A school district or charter may provide training to elementary (K-6) students. If a school district chooses to provide training to students, it must notify parents and guardians of the upcoming training with instructions on how instructional materials may be previewed. Parents must be notified of the right to excuse (in writing) their student from the training. Schools may not provide training to students whose parent/guardian has excused them from the training. Approved K-6 classroom lessons are available from: Prevent Child Abuse Utah: http://www.preventchildabuseutah.org or contact Gwen Knight (801) 834-3807
- Please follow the following instructions and plan for about one hour to complete it.
- Click here: https://pcau.enspark.com
- Select Register
- Complete Registration
- Parents/Caregivers must select I am a Parent of a Student from the registration drop down box in order to access the parent course.
- School personnel must select School Personnel from the registration drop down box to access the educator course.
- Click Register Button
- Click Launch Course
- There will be a Certificate of Completion issued at the end of the course that the user needs to print or download as a PDF.
For further information contact Jason Theler, Director of Student Services (801) 610-8449.